Saturday 22 February 2014

Going beyond the concept

So I started looking at my scene and the direction it is currently in and although I am following the concept to the best of my ability, It does not seem to offer a main attraction for the viewer this it seems to lack so I've decided to add to this and make my own, I think having a street section with medieval buildings I feel this will allow a main point of view as well as break up the scene.

Image 1. showing how this fits into my scene at a basic level, image .2 showing medieval building 1. which is work in progress, I will be producing only three building types, I started this with modular pieces but I found it to be very time consuming for myself during the production process, although this is a great technique for level design for this particular project, I will produce three building varied shapes and sizes, they will each have individual textures for the extra variation I can have doubles of the textures with varied effects this may help break up the building if they become too repetitive. Building one contains only 280 tris at its current state which is great for memory consumption.

image 1. 



Image 2 - Medieval Building, 280 tris









No comments:

Post a Comment