Monday 21 April 2014

Final Additions/Changes

Subtle Changes from the Original Concept Art

Figure 1. shows some areas that I have added/changed from the chosen concept art. To start I added wooden posts joined by rope surrounded the main wooden bridge this added extra depth to the scene also broke up the repetition of the wooden planks. I also added wooden lamp posts which are placed in various areas through out the scene, I wanted theses to not only break up repetition but I wanted to add another light source which are used in the more darker areas in the scene.

Next I decided to add a barge/boat which would be placed within the water again to break up repetition and to bring to life the scene. This lead to an issue I noticed at that point I had a sewer entrance connected to my scene to show water flow but the water flow lead to a dead end which would mean having a boat would be irrelevant as I wanted my scene to be realistic I looked into ideas which I could use to make use of the boat asset.
I decided to make a port callus gateway, I made the gateway attached to an archway placed at the dead end, Having this shows how the boat would travel throughout this scene. 

Figure .1 

Figure 2. depicts the scene in the more earlier stages but you can see the huge space between the houses leading up, this also show great repetition with the texture attached the floor. The changes I have made change are seen within Figure 2.1. I started by compacting the road/street leading up as realistically in this time the houses were very closed in together so by compacting the street it helped define the sense of a medieval environment.

To fill in space I started working on assets which would be relevant to my scene using previous saved reference. I added variations to the houses not too much as I thought during this time the houses would be near identical. alongside theses I have also developed assets to fit into this scene such as; Market stalls, Haybale shelters, crates, barrels, lamp posts and medieval cannons. All assets are seen within figure 2.1.


Figure 2



Figure .2.1



Displacement map, The development for this has taken a lot of time due to the fact I really did not understand how the process worked, during this project I started to gain and understanding of this process. I went back to my displacement map as I was not fully happy with the outcome shown during the Alpha milestone. Figure 3. shows final material as you can see the displacement maps is taking effect here and it noticed straight away although this is not perfect as my current skill set this is to the full of my ability.
For this material I increased the specular density this allows for a more defined spectacular I thought this works well due to the fact the stone work is in contact with water this specualr gives the effects of a somewhat damp stone.







No comments:

Post a Comment