Saturday 19 April 2014

Look Up Tables - UDK

I wanted to start finalizing the environments color scheme, During my research into this I found a technique used across level designers where the process creation of a look up table it produce, A look up table holds the color information which can be used across the whole environment keep color continuity through the scene.

Using an RGB table and a screen shot taken from the current environment I started to create a look up table to be used within my scene, I started with levels and curves inside the Photoshop settings to define the shadows (darker areas) within my scene. I also increased the brightness and contrast levels which lead to a warmer sense of color within the environment as seen below.

I have uploaded at the end of this discussion showing the slight effects that the look up table changed within my scene, More work may be needed for the desired effect, also post processing will coincide with this.

LUT - Test




RGB Table
Normal
Attached Look Up Table

No comments:

Post a Comment