Monday 27 January 2014

Reference Part 2.

Before I start developing my assets and textures for said assets, I really want to look at various pieces of reference that can inspire my work even though I have my concept art which is what I initially will be based from, to gain that extra little bit of detail within my I really need to look at other areas which depict similar environments to my own.

Ref.1 Founded "http://alexseifert.blogspot.co.uk"  Concept art showing a medieval village as before I have highlighted the areas of importance which I can use as inspiration for my 3D work, I have highlighted the buildings as this is what I need reference for most as my concept art lacks in detail for theses types of medieval buildings, I have also highlighted the floor as it shows a cobble type stone flooring which personally would fit perfectly within my 3D environment, this type of floor can offer a wide range of visual feedback such as mold in-between the individual stone this also could take effect when using water, so I will defiantly look into this type of texture for the floor.

Ref.1 Medieval Village Concept - http://alexseifert.blogspot.co.uk



I will be looking to find reference for Medieval Town Squares/centers this will help me refine the area of my scene which is open to interpretation, I think such things like little market stools would help refine the overall scene and varied buildings, I hope to produce several buildings from modular pieces with varied texture effects. 




















Ref.2 taken from http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=196140&page=8, this piece of reference is exactly what I was looking for showing a town market I think this will be a great addition to be added into my scene, as you can see I have highlighted the building on the right  as the more building reference I have the better the 3D assets I produce should be we extra detail and varied structuring.


















Ref.3 taken from http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=196140&page=8

No comments:

Post a Comment