Saturday 25 January 2014

Gaining a Visual Style - Technology 1. Marmoset Toolbag

Concept Door - Highlight

Before I start working on a simple block-out for my environment, I wanted to take some time looking into the the visual style I will be aiming to create during the development, The image to the left depicts a highlighted area from the concept art, A wooden door surrounded by a stone archway. I felt this was a small piece I could work on and still get an understanding of what kind of visual style I will be aiming for.









WIP - Medieval Asset
(Work In-progress) So I went away and created a simple asset which would be used within my 3D environment, obviously more work is needed/tweaked, But I think it really shows off my chosen visual style, I want to go with the more realistic visual style, I feel that it will really bring to life this environment if executed well.

This also brings me to a piece of technology which I found to be very useful. Marmoset Tool-bag which is full-featured real-time editor and real-time renderer which provides very useful tools, for example scene editing allows you to control your mesh,lights and cameras and allowing for an high-quality real-time render to really show off your work as a 3D artist.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/Cc_enHQ2br0/maxresdefault.jpg
Marmoset Toolbag






I find this very useful, during the development process, as currently I use UDK (Unreal Engine) for my real-time work, the process to import my assets and create simple materials can be a tedious process when all I want to do is to be able to see my asset within a real-time environment, Marmoset allows me to simply upload my assets (fbx. or obj.) and apply all my texture maps which updates in the view-port instantly.







No comments:

Post a Comment