Tuesday 21 January 2014

Chosen Concept Art

For my chosen Concept art, I wanted to make sure that the piece I choose really stood out, I didn't want to be six weeks in development and lose and suddenly lose interest I found this to be a vital when choosing.

To keep the interest there I wanted to develop some thing in-which I would have to learn new skills/technologies during the design process, For example weather effects or water as I have never personally develop for a piece of 3D work, I want to push the boundaries of my own work.

I decided to look into concept art from the well known Game Of Thrones series, My only issue found was I did not want to use any original scene from the actually HBO TV series as once seeing these scenes it could influence my 3D work, which is not what is expected from this assignment, So I went and researched into various Game Of Thrones concept arts, which are inspired by the world within the series but does not have a direct adaptation.

During my research I found this piece of Game Of Thrones concept art, I really like this piece as it offers a lot visually, I especially like the tone of the scene e.g. lighting this really makes the scene special and visually beautiful, I hope to recreate this in the form of a 3D adaptation






As you can see in the distant of this piece, it does not offer a massive amount if creative direction, this gives me the opportunity to create parts which are my own and possibly influenced from various yet similar pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment