Thursday 20 March 2014

Displacement Map - Post Alpha

Displacement maps as stated previously is a totally new area which I never really worked with in any of my previous work, as you can see from the GIF. Below This was my process of in developing a height map which would define the height within my displacement map, White is for the height and black defines a more flat surface, I added blocks of pure white over a select few of the stone work within the texture map, this is to push out the stones more so than the others.

Figure 1. GIF
Figure 2

Figure 3
When working on this I found that is started to look very grainy and mess which is not what I wanted using the parameters within the BumpOffset I was able to clear out and define the shape of the texture map as shown in Figure 4. 

Figure 4



No comments:

Post a Comment